Accessibar is a toolbar extension for Firefox which aims at providing various accessibility features for users who could benefit from them. These features primarily focus on the dynamic manipulation of the visual display of the web page in addition to the integration of a text to speech reader which can read out loud the browser's user interface as well as web page content.
- Web page fonts and background colors can be changed from a selection of 70 colors in the current session.
- Full Page Zoom interface now available (for Firefox nightly builds only).
- Icons with configurable shortcut keys to increase and decrease the font size.
- Line spacing can be increased or decreased to five different spacing settings incrementally.
- All images (including Flash) displayed on a web page can be selected as being hidden or shown.
- All changes made to web page display can be restored to original page settings by pressing “Restore Page“.
- Changes made to the currently displayed web page persist until “Restore Page“ is selected.
- Integrated Text To Speech Reader. Reads out strings hovered over as well as focused elements.
- Reader settings can be configured allowing the selection of the voice, volume, speaking rate, pitch, and voice range.
- Toolbar functions have configurable Hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts).