Last Updated: September 14, 2023
The personal data, also called Personal Information, is certain information of a physical person that can be identified somehow, locate it by some way and get in touch with it. For example, the name, ID, telephone or e-mail are personal data. The law requires those who use this type of data to take certain measures to protect them. This privacy statement explains how Raising the Floor - International Association (hereafter, Rtf) and their Services, namely the GPII DeveloperSpace, the GPII Unified Listing or the GPII Main Site (hereafter, the “Services”) protects and guarantees the security of your personal data.
2. The Information we collect
The type and amount of information we receive and store depends on how you use the GPII Websites and their Services. You can access most of the pages on the GPII Websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. Our web servers collect anonymous logs during user visits to the GPII Websites which provide valuable information for improving it in the future.
For example, RtF and their Services may collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site (which may include, for example, IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information) and about your use of our Website (which may include, for example, a reading history of the pages you view).
We do not collect personal data (such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address) on the GPII Websites unless you choose to provide it. For example, where you express an interest in getting involved or donating to GPII, registering for an account on the site, adding your endorsement, or subscribing to our email updates, we will collect information so that we can process your request.
3. How we use the information we collect
Your personal information will be retained by RtF and its service providers in a secure environment, will be kept confidential, and will only be used in connection with the purposes for which it is submitted, or as otherwise explained on the GPII Website, or as necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations. For example, personal information submitted for the purposes of making a donation will be used to process that donation and personal information submitted with an expression of interest in registering on the GPII website and its services will be used to action your expression of interest in being a registered member of the GPII website and provide you with information about GPII.
4. How we share the information we collect
The information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to disclose the information by law or in the following circumstances:
The disclosure of your personal information discussed above may involve transfer of that information outside of the European Union. Countries outside of the European Union, such as the United States, may not have data privacy laws as strong as those in force in the European Union.
5. Your privacy rights, choice and access
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information, or not to send you newsletters, emails or other communications by: (i) modifying your registered user information on the website; (ii) sending us an email at email@example.com; (iii) contacting us by mail at Raising the Floor - International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH - 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland; or (iv) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the GPII website, you may edit or cancel your user account or contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Platforms. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will retain your information (including geo-location data) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at Raising the Floor - International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH - 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners like Facebook and Twitter. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site.
6. Consent to processing and transferring of information
Given that we are an international organization, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platforms, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
7. Collection of information by third-party websites and sponsors
RtF’s GPII’s website also provides links to or interacts with a wide variety of third-party websites, including interactive links to sites like social media, telephone calling services, mapping services, or video hosting websites, often via application programming interfaces. RtF is not responsible for, and does not have any control over, the privacy practices or the content of such third parties.
We encourage users to read the privacy policies of any website visited via links from or interactions with the GPII website. Where appropriate, we will provide specific notice of these third-party services at the point of interaction.
- Sharing with GPII Sections and Structures: In addition to GPII, there are several Services, Sections and Structures located around the world. RtF may share your personal information with their Services, Sections and Structures located around the world, who may then use your personal information in connection with their activities related to GPII.
- Hosting and processing: The GPII website and its Services are hosted by third party service providers and therefore any personal details you submit through the GPII website may be processed by that third party service provider. We may also use other third parties to process your personal details. For example, such third parties may process your personal information to action expressions of interest to register with the GPII website, process donations to RtF on our behalf or process and forward mailing information for users sign up to our online actions and/or choose to subscribe to our email updates. All of these third party services providers will process your personal information only on RtF’s behalf and will be bound by strict confidentiality conditions.
- Payment processing and fraud: Where submitted, your card details may be disclosed to banks or relevant financial institutions to arrange payments. In the case of a suspected fraudulent transaction, your details may be further disclosed for the sole purpose of performing further checks (for example, disclosure to a credit checking agency).
- We take appropriate security measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and that we only keep it for as long as is reasonable and necessary. However the transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure, so while we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to RtF.
GPII is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
10. How you can access or correct information
You may have rights of access to personal information that we hold about you, to correct that information or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your information, under data privacy law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about this policy, please contact:
Raising the Floor - International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH - 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland
12. How to contact us
If you have any questions, queries or suggestions, please contact us at this address:Raising the Floor - International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH - 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland