Always in Mind
Always in Mind is a web app providing simplified, friendly and safe access to the websites and digital communications services that people use daily. Services such as Google Photos, YouTube, Gmail, and Facebook are transformed so they can be easily accessed by people who would otherwise not want to use technology, have certain cognitive disabilities or do not have the digital skills required by complex services.
With Always In Mind users can share photos, or videos, access music or interesting information resources or engage with others via messages and video calls. All this without need to navigate or learn complex User Interfaces. This can enable closer communication with remote family and friends, extend social connections to new people or carers and even public services.
- Supports people with various cognitive disabilities and low digital literacy.
- Uncluttered layouts with large friendly touch buttons to perform only "safe" actions.
- Simple and consistent navigation between screens to avoid getting lost.
- Select and view videos, photos, music, webpages, messages and video calls.
- Guidance and help through Computer Speech and/or text.
- Easy read conversion of web pages.
- Personalization through selectable levels of UI complexity - eg more available buttons and actions.
- Works on any device with a modern web browser and internet connectivity - tablet, desktop, TV, kiosk or larger phone.