Audiobook is a small, compact reading device that reads printed texts out loud. Users place the print materials on top the device and push a button to trigger the speech-to-text, similar to a photocopier. Connecting a PC monitor to the Audiobook will also display the text magnified and in high-contrast, which may be helpful for some users.
- Scan speed and recognition: more than 3 pages per minute.
- Size of the text to be recognized: max 21.5 x 30 cm (A4 format).
- Possibility of volume adjustment and reading speed.
- Headphone jack or amplified external speakers.
- Reading of audio CDs, MP3s and Daisy.
- Reading and writing on CD or USB stick of text and MP3 files.
- Internal memory with a capacity of over 10 million pages.
- Ability to download over 60000 books from the Digital Library for the Blind, newspapers and press agencies from the Internet, via normal telephone line or ADSL modem.
- Memorization and consultation of over 7000 books of the Telebook.
- Voice synthesis Actor® with voice Roberto or Luca or Paola or Giulia, of your choice; on request summary in English, French, German, Spanish (male or female).
- Support of Braille bars.
- Power supply to 220 V and battery with autonomy of more than three hours.
- Available on request: scanner in A3 format (43 x 30 cm) suitable for reading newspapers; specific scanner for reading books.
- Dimensions: 27" x 42" x 6".
- Weight: 4 kg approx.
- 4 GB RAM.
- 500GB Hard Disk.
- 2 USB ports.
- Wireless Lan WiFi.
- DVD + R Dual Layer player / writer.