BrailleBlaster™ is a braille transcription program developed by the American Printing House for the Blind to help transcribers provide blind students with braille textbooks on the first day of class.
BrailleBlaster takes advantage of the rich markup contained in NIMAS (National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard) files to automate basic formatting and gives you tools to make advanced tasks quicker and easier. Designed primarily for editing textbooks that meet the specifications published by the Braille Authority of North America, the purpose of BrailleBlaster is to help braille producers ensure that every student has their braille textbooks on the first day of class.
BrailleBlaster relies on Liblouis, a well-known open-source braille translator, for translating text and mathematics to braille.
- Translate braille accurately in UEB or EBAE
- Format braille
- Automate line numbered poetry and prose
- Split books into volumes
- Add transcriber notes
- Describe images
- Automate braille table of contents, glossaries, preliminary pages and special symbols pages
- Automate a variety of table styles
- Translate and edit single line math
- Do much more!
For more information on this product, please refer to the manufacturer's website.