Claro MagX is an app that converts the camera of a smartphone or tablet into a magnification tool. Users with low vision can photograph their reading materials and magnify it up to 16x its original size—without transporting any additional devices other than their mobile device. The app also features high-contrast color adjustments, including the ability to apply greyscale or a color overlay over the image for easier viewing.
- MagX makes small items bigger. Make small text in books and newspapers readable, study and photograph small objects and labels, see menus in the dimly lit restaurant. The wide range of magnification, high contrast and colour viewing options make the text easier on your eyes.
- 16 levels of magnification with the maximum of 16x times zoom.
- MagX uses the high quality device camera.
- Torchlight option using the device's built-in flash (compatible devices only).
- MagX allows a photograph to be taken, capturing a magnified document for later viewing. Photographs are stored in the camera roll, from where they can be zoomed further or edited.
- Freeze mode – tap the viewfinder to freeze the image for closer viewing. Tap the screen to release the freeze.
- Advanced visual features include full colour mode, two colour mode and grey scale mode. There is also an Invert Function to change display contrast.
- The grey scale and 2 colour mode allows a colour overlay to be chosen from yellow, purple, cyan, red, green or blue.
- Compatible with iOS, Android, and Google Chrome.
- Requires iOS 8.0 and later.
- Requires Android 5.0 and up.