CommonLook PDF is a software tool that enables teams to test, repair, and report on accessible PDF documents. It is designed to simplify the remediation process, to ensure compliance with accessibility standards.
- Recognized in the W3C’s PDF Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- Works as a plug-in for Adobe Acrobat.
- Automatically detects and repairs a variety of common PDF problems.
- Reduces the time required to correct existing PDF documents.
- Provides validation against Section 508, WCAG 2.0, PDF/UA 1.0, and HHS standards.
- Supports structural validation based on ISO 32000-1:2008.
- Supports documents with multi-page structures, and structures that move between pages.
- Includes tools for working with tags, tables, lists, and tables of content.
- Provides verification and correction of tagging order and semantics in a dedicated, auditable workflow.
- Alerts users to correct structuring of tables, lists, and tables of contents.
- Output PDF files are verified by the software or the operator, as appropriate to each checkpoint.
- Generates a checkpoint-by-checkpoint, element-by-element report, accepted by HHS and others.
- Reporting functions, including the Matterhorn Protocol.
- Provides support for automatic bookmark-generation (based on heading levels).