Desktop Maker enables users to create customized desktops that launch Windows programs for students with special needs.
- Skills introduced: Scanning and Choice Making.
- Selecting a Windows program to run is accomplished by step scanning, timed scanning or by clicking on the program with the mouse or touch screen.
- Allows users to create an unlimited number of different customized desktops.
- A customized desktop can contain anywhere from 2 to 20 programs to launch.
- It does not change the user's current Windows desktop.
- The program runs above the user's current desktop and when the user exits Desktop Maker their original desktop appears.
- It can be used to launch any program, not just Judy Lynn Software programs.
- Small icons are replaced with large graphic images.
- Users can incorporate auditory scanning by either associating a sound (wave) file or synthesized speech with the program.
- Only the choices defined for the customized desktop are displayed.
- Different forms of scanning can be used to launch a program.
- Launching a program can be performed with 1 or 2 switches, a touch screen, a mouse, or the keyboard.
- Scan settings are saved with each customized desktop.
- Windows Versions: Windows 7/Vista/XP.
- 5 MB Hard Disk Space.
Options & Accessories:
Available in these configurations:
- CD (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Classroom License CD (can be installed on an unlimited number of computers as long as they are in the same physical classroom).