EagleEyes acts as a mouse replacement system that enables communication and learning primarily for individuals who have congenital severe special needs, most often non-verbal, paralyzed, and at most have a "Yes/No" method of communicating with those around them and generally is used with individuals whose only controlled muscular movement is their eyes. It is used for cause and effect and helping to reveal a user's true intelligence, for focus and eye strength training, and learning to use the eyes for communicating.
- Because the electrodes are attached to the users' faces, they can use EagleEyes in any position that they are comfortable with.
- A combination of eye and head movement can be used to move the mouse cursor so the users do not have to be perfectly still to use EagleEyes.
- It allows the users to play games, discover new things and ultimately progress towards meaningful communication.
- EagleEyes can be the first step towards developing the skill set necessary to access other technology.
- An application must be filled to the best of the user's knowledge. The information helps to properly evaluate and plan for training and equipment needs.