Essence Language System
Essence is the language system for literate adults who, due to a stroke, a traumatic brain injury or a degenerative neurological disease such as ALS, need a way to actively engage at home, in the workplace, in social situations, and in medical settings. Essence combines spelling with word prediction, abbreviation expansion, and quick messages for efficiently expressing thoughts.
- Optimized for use with PRC’s Look (eye-tracking technology) and NuPoint (head mouse technology).
- Essence enables adults to maintain relationships, take part in social and family activities, and achieve independence and autonomy.
- Tab-based navigation allows for fast and easy access to:
- Communication, including spelling, quick messages, and notebook/writing functions.
- Computer Access: pages to access the internal computer and any external computer or laptop.
- Remote Controls: TV, DVD, VCR, CD Player, and on/off switches for lights, computers, and radio.
- Accessories – including camera, phone, reminders, and a calculator.
- Common Settings – easy access to change commonly used device settings.
- Key options - 36, 60, 84, and 144.
- ABC and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Tab-based navigation.
- Access to spoken and written communication:
- Over the phone.
- With Notebooks.
- Via Email.
- Pages for remote controls.
- Pages for web browsing, social media, and other third-party software.
Options & Accessories:
- Integrated Feature Pack is also available to enable web browsing, social media, email access and to navigate internal and external computers and other functions.