Fatbits is a free screen magnification program for older versions of Windows. It magnifies an area of the screen and paints the giant pixels into a new window, which may be useful if the user has a visual impairment. To make the screen even more accessible, users can modify the colors it displays.
- Works well with multiple monitors.
- Magnification up to 20x.
- Shows color and position information.
- Optional crosshatching (to make it easy to count pixels).
- Advanced accessibility features.
- Full help system.
- Optionally moves out of the way to view the entire screen.
- Can be locked to magnify one location for static viewing.
- Only one EXE file, no DLLs.
- Draws with low priority to minimally impact the user.
- Written in C.
- Runs on Windows 9x/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003.