Free Speech for Android
Free Speech for Android is a free and open source Android application that turns a phone or tablet into an inexpensive augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) device.
- It is designed to provide a low-cost alternative to dedicated speech generating devices.
- Works as a sound board for people who have problems speaking. When the user presses a button, a sound is played.
- Boards consist of one or more tabs.
- Tabs contain one or more buttons.
- Each button can speak a word or phrase.
- A single device can be used to communicate thousands of sentences with just a few clicks.
- It can use recorded sounds, users can record new sounds, or it can generate sounds using the built-in text-to-speech function.
- All content can be created and edited using the Android device itself.
- Runs on Android devices.
This product is a freeware software available for free download off of the internet from Bitbucket or search for: “open source freeware Free Speech for Android”.