FTB-Ti ppFixx is a program for writing support with German word prediction. The program particularly supports slow-writing people by analyzing the text that has already been written and making suggestions for word completion while writing. When a proposal is selected, it is included in the text, significantly reducing the number of keystrokes required to enter text.
- FTB-Ti ppFixx can be used in combination with almost all Windows programs (including Word, Excel) in which the entry of free texts is possible.
- The procedure of FTB-Ti ppFixx is simple. As users enter text, FTB-Ti ppFixx makes suggestions as to how the text could continue. Users can choose a suggestion or just keep typing. The proposals are based on two principles:
- Abbreviation expansion: Users can define short forms (e.g., the abbreviation "mfg") of a text section (e.g., the expansion "with kind regards"). If they have entered the abbreviation, the expansion is proposed.
- Word prediction: Based on a general German vocabulary and the texts that users have recently written with FTB-Ti ppFixx, possibilities are suggested as to what the next word (or the next words) could be or how an already started word could be ended.
- A wide range of options for displaying and accepting the suggestions enables FTB-Ti ppFixx to be optimally adapted to the users needs.
- Computer hardware requirements:
- Processor speed: 1 GHz.
- 512 MB main memory.
- 30 MB free hard disk space.
This product is a freeware software available for free download off of the internet from Agentur Barrierefrei NRW or search for: "open source freeware FTB-TippFixx."