GlidePoint Trackpads are touchpads based on mutual capacitive sensing for multi-touch capabilities.
GEN 4 Trackpads
GlidePoint Gen 4 Trackpads use image-sensing technology to track up to five individual points.
GlidePoint Circle Trackpads
Round trackpads designed for game controllers, remote controllers, and other devices requiring custom and versatile interfaces.
GEN 4 Trackpads include these features:
- Familiar gestures like scrolling, pinching, and flicks are available without installing a driver. A large object detection method is used to differentiate between fingers or a palm touching the trackpad, which prevents a palm from causing inadvertent cursor movements, taps, and gestures.
- GlidePoint Gen 4 provides flexibility for product designs. Trackpads can be integrated into PC peripherals, tablet accessories, specialized keyboards, game controllers, remote controls, medical devices, industrial machinery, and other products. Customized shapes and sizes are possible.
- An optional boot-loader allows Gen 4-based products to be updated with new features.
- An OEM offers trackpad gestures such as two-finger scrolling, pinch-to-zoom, and other gestures. Advanced Gestures give an OEM the ability to provide the newest methods of device interaction without changing product design.
- GlidePoint Trackpads are designed for use as low power embedded PS/2, SPI, and I²C input devices.
- In battery-operated environments, power consumption is reduced with an active power management system, which adjusts to user actions.
- Active and idle modes are automatically managed, while OEMs can select specified delay intervals for sleep and shutdown modes. The touchpad wakes from sleep rapidly so that there is no perceptible delay to the user.
GlidePoint Circle Trackpads include these features:
- The circle shape can replace or supplement a traditional analog stick or directional pad.
- These modules are customizable and can support different input modes. Set it as a d-pad replacement for scrolling through menus or a precision tracking device for sniper mode.
- These GlidePoint trackpads use a capacitive touch controller system-on-chip for an easy-to-implement solution with extremely low power consumption, ideal for battery-powered devices.
- High precision touch tracking.
- Low power consumption.
- Compatible with flat or curved plastic overlays.
- Compatible with Alps HAPTIC Reactor force feedback devices.
- Documentation and reference code provided for development.
GEN 4 Trackpads include these specifications:
- TM065049 65 x 49mm, 5 & 3V, USB.
- TM080048 80 x 48mm, 5 & 3, USB, 12C.
- TM105065 105 x 65mm, 5 & 3, USB, 12C.
GlidePoint Circle Trackpads include these specifications:
- Interface: SPI or I2C with 12-pin FFC connector.
- Power Supply: 2.5 - 3.6V.
- Physical Parameters:
- Diameter: 40.00 mm.
- Circumference: 125.6 mm.
- Thickness: 5.61 mm with all components.
Options & Accessories:
- GlidePoint technology is available as Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) touchpad modules for integration into various devices. Many different size and overlay options are available.
See manufacturer's website about GlidePoint Gen 4 Trackpads.
See manufacturer's website about GlidePoint Circle Trackpads.
By using this link, a portion of your purchase will help to support the Unified Listing.