KNFB Reader is a text recognition app designed for blind, low-vision, dyslexic, and others with reading differences that can convert printed text into speech that is read aloud or into Braille with a connected Braille display.
- Offers text-to-speech, text-to-Braille, and text highlighting tools.
- Use it to import or take a photo of anything containing text.
- Take a photo and the app reads text out loud or displays it on a connected refreshable Braille display.
- Features the simultaneous highlighting of the sentence and word that is being read on the picture or in the plain text document.
- It helps the user get a good photo with special alignment tools, including spoken and vibration guidance.
- Take pictures of multiple pages, such as a book, for later reading.
- Reads image-based PDF and JPEG files, and tagged PDF and ePub files.
- Exports KNFB reader files as HTML or TXT files.
- Navigates by line, sentence, word, or character.
- Crop, rotate and edit pictures before performing text recognition.
- View documents in PDF presentation mode with double highlighting while reading.
- View reading order and language-tagged PDF documents.
- Add and remove bookmarks in PDF documents.
- Switch between PDF view and reflowable text view.
- Read documents in the ePub format.
- Offers synchronized text highlighting to help users read along with the spoken text, a benefit for people with dyslexia and other reading difficulties.
- It can read labels, price tags, and mail.
- It captures print from a computer or tablet screen.
- Photograph the screen and know what that error message says.
- Use Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive to store and retrieve documents.
- Users can make calls, send emails, and open hyperlinks directly from documents.
- Fully localized versions (user interface, recognition, and speech) are available in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Swedish, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Danish, Polish, Russian, Japanese, and Czech.
- Other languages available for speech and recognition only: Afrikaans, Albanian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Romanian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, and Ukrainian.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android, and Windows.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later on Apple devices.
Options & Accessories:
- KNFB Reader Enterprise: To use on two or more different devices or for use at schools, businesses, and organizations.