Listen & Respond (Various Versions)
Windows-based programs developed specifically for students with special needs designed to introduce and reinforce the connection of a verbal request of an object to pictures or words within familiar environments, such as a convenience store, school store, cafeteria, farmers market, and others.
Listen & Respond Standard Version
Comes with seven stories and 144 items.
Listen & Respond Professional Version
Comes with six stories and 161 items.
These features are common to all versions:
- Skills introduced: Connection of a verbal request of an object to pictures or words, Choice Making, Hand-Eye Coordination, Memory Skills, and Turn Taking.
- Minimum Cognitive Age Level: 4 Years.
- Features a role-playing environment where the student is working behind the counter in one of the several different stores provided by the program.
- Customers come up to the counter and place an order that would normally be carried in that type of store.
- The student must select the correct choice button(s) to fill the customer's order.
- Designed to reinforce transitional skills, life skills, memory skills, and pre-vocational skills training.
- Data is automatically recorded and can be viewed in a spreadsheet or text format.
- Auditory scanning of buttons.
- Access: switch/mouse/touch window.
- Option to hide the button after choosing incorrectly.
- Change prompt image.
- Set the number of choice buttons.
- Specify items a customer can ask for.
- Set pictures, words, or both pictures and words to appear on the choice buttons.
- Set the frequency of the manager's positive or encouraging comments.
Listen & Respond Professional Version includes these additional features:
- Determine the number of items a customer can order at a time (from 1 to10).
- Set the customer's speech rate.
- Add the user's own customers from photos or any picture file.
- Create a photo ID card for screen display and/or print.
These specifications are common to all versions:
- Windows Versions: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
- 220 MB hard disk space.
- At least 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
Options & Accessories:
These options are common to all versions:
- CD (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Download (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Classroom License CD (can be installed on an unlimited number of computers as long as they are in the same physical classroom).