‘My-own-voice’ is a web service designed to make it easy for anyone to create a synthetic voice, with the support of a speech therapist. The service can be used without any particular knowledge and equipment.
- The service presents the user with 350 to 1500 sentences that the user needs to record into the online system. These sentences will then be processed and used to create the text to speech voice.
- Once the synthetic voice has been created it can be used for free in a type&talk box on the website, or it can be purchased for use with SAPI on Windows, with Google TTS API on Android, or in a partner application.
- The recording process is web-based and has been adapted to make it accessible to anyone,
- The use of a headset will be enough to guarantee good quality.
- The script has been adapted, shortened, and simplified to make sure that all users can record their voices, taking into account the difficulties and tiredness they may experience during the sessions.
- A computer, a headset, and an Internet connection.