Pasco (Phrase Auditory Scanning Communicator) is an open-source alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) application that allows individuals with a visual and physical difficulty who require auditory scanning to communicate.
- Language is organized in a text file and is read aloud via auditory cues.
- Multi-lingual support for cue and main voice.
- Recorded messages supported and spelling function.
- The app supports auditory cues in a headphone and main speech out of the main speaker of a device (these features are supported in iOS only).
- A cue and main voice can be a recorded message.
- Able to spell using purely auditory scanning – spelling out each letter as its written and then the whole word using space or finish command.
- Language is edited or created using a text file – where each tree is just an indented list of words or phrases.
- Supports one switch scanning.
- Runs on iOS devices and web browsers.
This product is a freeware software available for free download off of the internet from GitHub platform or search for: "open source freeware Pasco."