Portset Digital Media Centre
The Portset Digital Media Centre provides the Freeview digital television and radio channels in an accessible solution. Designed for the visually impaired it provides voiced guidance and feedback with high-quality speech.
- The Digital Media Centre standalone system unit incorporates front-facing stereo speakers, master volume control, and contrasting key controls. Connection of a suitable external aerial is all that is needed to receive the digital service.
- An integral CD/DVD drive allows playing of audio CD’s, MP3, Daisy format and audiobooks. Options provide for playing DVD’s with or without audio described material.
- Automatic tuning of all broadcast stations at installation.
- Finds and advises of new channels.
- Provides Audio Description of broadcasts.
- 7-Day program guide selectable by channel, day, and time.
- 7-day listing of audio described programs.
- Now and next program information.
- Pause and resume any live broadcast.
- Record and playback of programs with internal Hard Drive* approximately 100hrs**.
- Selection of channels by their spoken name or by their channel number.
- Independent volume control of broadcast audio, audio description and speech system for each channel.
- Identification of encrypted channels and off-air broadcasts.
- Separation of Television and Radio broadcasts.
- CD audio and MP3 together with Daisy format players.
- The front panel incorporates a user control key unit, dual speakers, rotary master volume control, CD slot player, personal headphone connector and power on switch.
- The rear panel has aerial in, audio phono output and a power connector.
- The CD player will play audio music CD’s, MP3, Daisy format talking books products and audiobooks.
- Book-marking of Daisy books is automatically provided and offered to the user at the next reading.
- Measures 37cm wide, 10cm high, and 27cm deep.