In Sequence - Daily Living Skills
In Sequence - Daily Living Skills is a Windows-based program developed specifically for students with special needs that focuses on the cognitive skill of arranging pictures in a chronological sequence.
- Skills introduced: Sequencing, Hand-Eye Coordination, Choice Making.
- Minimum Cognitive Age Level: 4 Years.
- The pictures are taken from a video clip that is shown prior to the activity representing steps in the task such as "Eating Cereal" or "Washing your Hands."
- Optionally, when the video is finished, a "Review Lesson" of the sequencing task is presented on the screen showing the correct order of the pictures.
- After the review, the student is presented with the task of arranging the pictures in chronological order.
- The student can use switches, a mouse, or touch window to accomplish this.
- There are typically 3 or 4 pictures to sequence in a task.
- Users can add their own sequencing tasks.
- The number of steps for a task can range from as little as 2 to a maximum of 10.
- Includes options to give users the ability to customize the task based on the student's needs.
- Program settings are saved individually for each student.
- Statistics are automatically gathered for tasks per student and can be viewed as a text file or in spreadsheet format.
- Access Mode: 1 switch with timed scanning, 2 switches with step scanning, mouse or touch window.
- Response Settings: Either reveal immediately after the picture is placed whether it is in the correct position or wait until all the pictures are placed before revealing whether they are in the correct positions.
- Jump Start Settings: User can choose to have the computer pre-populate a specified number of pictures automatically in their correct chronological position.
- Picture Layout: Horizontal, vertical.
- Auditory Narration: On, off.
- Language Customization: Ability to re-record auditory phrases used in the program. Useful for voice familiarity or to overlay voices in a different language.
- Windows Versions: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
- 300 MB Hard Disk Space.
Options & Accessories:
Available in these configurations:
- CD (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Download (can be installed on one computer at a time).
- Classroom License CD (can be installed on an unlimited number of computers as long as they are in the same physical classroom).