SimplyWorks Smooth Talker (Various Models)
Assistive communication device that allows users to pre-record audio messages and then play them with the push of a button. The SimplyWorks Smooth Talker features 8 minutes of total recording time, and an extensive range of playback features, including sequential, choice-based, or random playback options. Additionally, the device includes both wired and wireless connectivity, which some users may find helpful.
Offers a wide range of playback modes, including Sequential, Random, Choice, and Converse.
Smooth Talker with Levels
Five levels make it possible to prerecord a collection of messages for use throughout the day. For simplicity, these levels are initially assigned to the specific mode that you recorded them in. Therefore, when you move to level 4, the Smooth Talker automatically changes to random mode also, without you having to manually do so.
These features are common to all versions:
- 8 minutes of total recording time.
- Wired and wireless connectivity (with a SimplyWorks wireless switch or toy).
- The ability to edit and add to recordings without needing to delete and re-record them.
- Built-in symbol holder.
- Digital amplifier with twin speakers.
- Multiple playback modes:
- Sequential play the messages in sequence, beginning with the first.
- Random plays a random message and is great as a speaking dice, for example.
- Random (no repeats). A new mode which randomly plays every message exactly once before starting over. Perfect for choosing who goes next in a group activity nobody gets missed out and nobody gets two goes.
- Choice requires two switches and is used to allow the user to exercise a choice between two items or concepts. The second switch may be wired or wireless.
- Choice Progression Choose between multiple pairs of items or concepts, for example choosing menu items.
- Converse a truly unique feature that has come to define Smooth Talker. Requires two switches and allows two users to conduct a two-way conversation without fear that they will get out of sequence.
- Auditory Prompt. Use the second switch to choose a message by searching through them quickly, and at low volume. Then play back the chosen message using the main switch at normal volume.
- Question/Answer. Record your messages as Q and A pairs and then this mode allows the question and answer to be repeated multiple times before moving on, to allow reiteration and reinforcement.
Smooth Talker with Levels includes these additional features:
- Five levels for recording a collection of messages for use throughout the day.
- For simplicity, these levels are initially assigned to the specific mode that you recorded them in.
- For example, you record the numbers 1 through 6 into level 4, designed to be used in random mode for dice emulation.
- Therefore, when you move to level 4, the Smooth Talker automatically changes to random mode also, without you having to manually do so.
- However, if you want to use those numbers for counting instead, simply remain in level 4 and switch to sequence mode.
- Activation area is 125mm.
- Switch top cannot be removed by user - prevents distraction (colored tops can be changed only with tools).
Options & Accessories:
- Toy output can be added to any message and may be chosen on a message by message basis as it’s recorded. Although a toy socket is provided, Smooth Talker is a SimplyWorks device and so can be paired with a SimplyWorks toy controller such as Control or Control Pro, or can be used to turn on an appliance by pairing with Energise or iClick.
- A further socket is provided for a second switch and is used in Choice, Converse, Auditory Prompt and Question/Answer modes, or may simply be used instead of the main switch in Sequential or either of the Random modes.
See Manufacturer's website about SimplyWorks Smooth Talker.
See Manufacturer's website about SimplyWorks Smooth Talker with Levels.