Sip/Puff Switch (Various Models)
Sip/Puff Switch and Sip/Puff Breeze are used to access all manner of switch-activated devices, including speech generating devices, computers, tablets, mobile phones, environmental control systems, and other devices designed for switch scanning.
This model is a dual pressure switch using a simple twist-on pneumatic connector that can be connected to any user interface solution. It contains a simple switch closure over a standard 3.5-mm connector.
This model builds on the original sip and puff switch and computer interface solution by adding the capability to generate Apple iOS Switch Control events. It contains a USB output.
These features are common to all models:
- Sip and puff pressure thresholds are approximately three inches of water column below and above ambient pressure.
Sip/Puff Switch includes these additional features:
- All user interface solutions can be attached to the separate, dual pressure switch using a simple twist-on pneumatic connector.
- Open contacts that close when the user sips or puffs on an attached mouthpiece.
- Low-voltage and low-current signaling switches are designed for connection to an electronic device.
- One connector provides both sip and puff events with a stereo cable.
- Simple slide switch can be used to change the sense of Sip and Puff signals on the stereo connector.
- Passive pressure switches do not require batteries or external power.
- Enclosure has integrated "sip" and "puff" test switches.
- Two standard options for positioning the mouthpiece: a headset and a flexible shaft with a universal clamp.
Sip/Puff Breeze includes these additional features:
- All user interface solutions can be attached to the separate, Breeze sensor using a simple twist-on pneumatic connector.
- The electronic pressure sensor in Breeze will sense a sip or puff and convert these events to mouse button clicks or joystick button presses, and pass these to the connected USB host device (typically a PC or Mac computer).
- Mouse button emulation.
- Joystick button emulation.
- Extremely low latency.
Sip/Puff Switch includes these specifications:
- Switches carry 40-milliamps at AC/DC–30 volts or less with a resistive load, for millions of cycles.
- Not designed to switch power loads.
- Dual pressure switch has two 3.5-mm (1/8-inch headphone) connectors.
Sip/Puff Breeze includes these specifications:
- Works with standard Windows, Mac, and Linux USB Human Interface Device (HID) drivers.
- USB Powered.
- Real-time gauge pressure can be reported as joystick X and Y values (± 4 kPa).
- 2- by 0.8- by 0.5-inches (51- by 20- by 13-mm).
- Weighs ½-ounce (14-grams).
Options & Accessories:
Available in different bundles:
- Sip/Puff Switch with Headset.
- Sip/Puff Switch with Gooseneck.
- Sip/Puff Breeze with Headset.
- Sip/Puff Breeze with Gooseneck.
- Multi-User Sip/Puff Switch with Headset.
- AirVoter – A multi-user version optimized for voting machine access.