Snap&Read Universal reads both accessible and inaccessible text aloud from websites, images, photographs, PDFs, web-based tests, and other media.
- Adjusts complex text to be more readable, and allows users to capture information and cite sources.
- Users can take a picture and have the text within that picture read aloud.
- Safari extension can send any website to Snap&Read to have it read aloud (text is highlighted word-by-word as it is spoken to make it easy to track).
- Reads inaccessible images with text aloud through the screenshot reader tool.
- Chooses difficult words/phrases and swaps them out for easier ones to aid vocabulary/phrase comprehension. Users can see the original word by tapping to toggle between the original word and the simplified word.
- Customize the difficulty of words with six levels of text complexity.
- Capture and synthesize information from the text with built-in study tools.
- Highlight text and move it into an outline or capture notes in the outline.
- Highlighted information will automatically be cited in APA, Chicago, and MLA formats.
- For other information (like books or magazines read through the camera feature), a citation wizard will help cite it manually and Snap& Read will format it.
- Outline templates can either help guide the reading process or prepare users to capture important details to move into writing.
- Use the camera feature to take a picture and read.
- Save the images to a picture library and access them from the Snap&Read App with or without an internet connection.
- iOs specifications:
- Compatible with iOS 8.0 and later and with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age rating: Rated 4+.
- Size: 88.7 MB.
- Chrome specifications:
See product Chrome Web Store.
See product in Apple’s App Store.