The Snow 12 is a portable video magnifier for people with vision impairments that features a 12-inch full-HD display and magnification up to 19x.
- Includes an analog stick to allow users to pan around a document without needing to move the reading material.
- A foldable stand lifts the magnifier off the table for times when users prefer to place reading materials or objects like a medicine bottle or small item underneath.
- The stand is designed to make it easier to see what the user is writing.
- SnowLink, an optional external distance camera, enables users to look at something farther away.
- When used outside of the foldable stand, it functions like most other handheld video magnifiers.
- When folded shut, it is thinner than a notebook computer.
- Includes a carrying case big enough to hold it and foldable stand together, and a sleeve case bag to hold just the video magnifier.
- Comes with color rendition technology and contrast customization, which enables users to make fonts thinner or thicker on demand.
- OCR technology enables it to recognize any of 20+ different languages and convert printed words into speech.
- Changing the reading speed can be done on the fly.
- Users can choose between male and female voices.
- Documents can be saved for future reading and exported to a Windows PC.
- Button or touch screen control with voice prompts.
- When connected to a Windows PC, it appears as an external storage device.
- Users can copy over books and other documents in JPG, PDF, RTF, and TXT formats to the device's memory storage.
- Documents in JPG and PDF become available immediately for magnified reading.
- Users can open the documents in all four formats within the text-to-speech mode and have words spoken out loud.
- A standard headphone port lets users listen to spoken books and documents without disturbing others.
- Magnification: 2.7 - 19X/2.5 - 19X on the foldable stand.
- Display modes: Full color and 10 high contrast color modes.
- Screen: 12″ touch screen.
- Screen resolution: 1920 × 1280p.
- Panning: Touch screen panning & analog stick panning.
- Camera: 13M pixels.
- Battery: Approx. 2.5h.
- Unit weight: 960g/2.12 lbs.
- Stand weight: 1280g/2.82 lbs.
- Unit dimensions: 290mm × 220mm × 24mm/11.4″ × 8.7″ × 0.94″.
- Stand dimensions: 350mm × 230mm × 40mm/13.8″ × 9″ × 1.6″.
- Camera height: 140mm/5.5″, 29mm/11.4″ on the foldable stand.
Options & Accessories:
Accessories are available for purchase for this product. These include, but are not limited to:
- SnowLink distance camera.
- OCR Text-to-Speech.