ELeX Speak&Win is a Text-to-Speech System based on a corpus-based synthesis with non-uniform units from Acapela Speech which reaches with the ELeX dictionaries (built up since 1993 in 6 languages). Speech and pitch can be regulated separately.
- ELeX Speak&Win combines Multimedia with the SSIL and Jaws interfaces. Speak&Win enables users to use the complete functionality of SSIL compliant screenreaders with Dagmar and Thomas and other popular TTS voices. The ELeX Speak&Win voices are sampled with 16 kHz, 22 kHz respectively.
- ELeX Speak&Win is completely rule-based. Thus its vocabulary is unlimited. Exceptions may be added by the user to an unlimited size. Speak&Win has an outstanding reaction time for both starting and stopping. Indexing is included through markers and enables tracking of the text-to-speech output.
- ELeX Speak&Win runs on every multi-media PC with at least 200 MHz-CPU, 32 MB RAM and a sound card. All common Windows operating systems are supported.
- Support of Win95, Win98, NT4, Win2000, WinXP.
- Interfaces: SSIL (for SuperNova, ZoomText, OpenBook, etc), Jaws interface.
- Integrated editor.
- Copy protection either software-based (Everlock) or hardware-based (USB / parallel dongle).
Options & Accessories:
- Available in the following languages: German (Dagmar & Thomas), US English (Mary, Paul & William), UK English (Vicky & Gordon), French (Cathy & Robert), Spanish (Veronica & Rafael), Italian (Sofia & Massimo), Latin American Spanish (Andres), Brazilian Portuguese (Joana & Pedro), Dutch (Maarten), Polish (Radek), Russian (Nicolai), Arabic (Merwan).
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.