Spika is a thumb-drive based text reader. It can read out loud what a user is typing, what they copy, or a selection they highlight. It can also read PDF's.
- It starts directly from the Flash Drive so it can be used on multiple PCs.
The four functions of Spika are:
- Read what I point to- If this function has a checkmark, Spika will read the text on buttons and menu options when pointed to with the mouse. For example, to operate Windows and other programs.
- Read what I type- If this function has a checkmark, Spika will read the words typed, for example when an e-mail is being written or when chatting. This function also reads lines of text that users scan with a reading pen.
- Read what I am copying- Spika will read all the text copied to the clipboard; the text appears in a separate window, and each word is indicated during the reading.
- Read selection (shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + Enter )- In Microsoft Word, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and in many text windows, selected text can be read out loud with the Read selection button.
- Use Spika with other speech synthesizers from third parties.
- Read PDF files with Spika.
- Works with Windows 10. Version 6 from Spika works with Microsoft Edge. Older versions of Spika only work with Internet Explorer, which is also still available under Windows 10.
- Also available as a network version to be able to use Spika on multiple PCs simultaneously.
- Windows XP to Windows 10.
- Sound card.
- 1 free USB port.