This product has been discontinued (04/24/2018).
SUSE blinux is a screen readout program for graphical operating system Linux. It was developed in conjunction with the Linux version of SuSE.
- Speech support: no
- Designed for: SuSE Linux 7.x
- Braille support: yes
- For each application, specific properties (profiles) can be set.
- When starting up the computer, the system checks whether a Handy Tech braille reading line is connected. If that is the case, the user already has braille access during Linux start-up.
- Blinux follows the position of the cursor on the screen, in order to convert the most relevant information into Braille.
- The cursor routing keys on the braille display allow the user to immediately navigate to the desired position.
- Blinux comes with the complete SuSE Linux package. There are a lot of application programs in this package, such as word processors, e-mail software and internet browsers.
- Standard included: SuSE Linux with various application programs.
This product is no longer available from the manufacturer. For more information on this product, please refer to this reference website.