Talking Word Puzzles
Talking Word Puzzles is an accessible word puzzle program for people who are visually impaired. It lets the user create or solve hidden word and crossword puzzles in large print and with speech feedback.
- As the player navigates through the puzzle, the program announces the contents of that square.
- Speech feedback in hidden word puzzles also indicates marked and unmarked letters, valid and invalid words, word lists or clues to words, and motivating phrases.
- Speech can be turned off.
- Users also can create their own puzzles. The user makes up the word list, and the software creates the puzzle, entering the words into one of several puzzle formats.
- The program also provides advanced navigation by giving the user direct routing from a puzzle's clue to the word's beginning square in a crossword setting.
- When users move through the squares of a crossword puzzle to examine the letters and their relationships, they may use direct commands to move to the point in the clues list where that word's clue is displayed.
- As the user uses the arrow keys to explore the crossword grid or the hidden word puzzle, Talking Word Puzzles announces each letter the cursor crosses.
- If there is a number in the square to which the cursor moves, indicating the beginning of a new word, the program says that number, too.
- PC running Windows 98 or later.
- 15MB of hard disk space.
- 64MB of RAM.
- 300 MHz Processor.
- Sound card and speakers.
- CD-ROM drive.
- Recommended for all ages (dictated by the puzzles created).
Options & Accessories:
- Also available as a Digital Download.