TalkTablet PRO is a full-featured AAC speech/communication solution for people who have difficulty communicating as a result of autism, aphasia, Down Syndrome, stroke, laryngectomy or any other condition that affects a persons ability to communicate effectively. Users can speak by touching buttons that contain predefined words or phrases and add random text to phrases using the embedded on-screen keyboard.
- TalkTablet PRO includes TWELVE (12) SLP designed starter vocabularies that offer 4 to 48 buttons/page or users can create a new vocabulary of their design.
- Each grid size (buttons/page) can be increased or decreased at any time to suit a user's needs.
- Transition to literacy with word prediction.
- It is possible to add buttons, pages, or new vocabularies in a flash.
- Users can choose from over 30,000 SymbolStix symbols or take photos with the camera, use photos from their album, or add Google images to their buttons.
- Gives the option to change color, font, borders, backgrounds and more on each button or page.
- Buttons can be made invisible, dimmed or normal.
- Users can move buttons by simply pressing, holding, and dragging to a new location.
- Gives the option to copy and paste buttons between page or user vocabularies.
- Users can prevent unwanted editing by enabling a password to the editing area.
- Possible to prevent unwanted repeated tapping of buttons with the “Tap Delay” feature.
- Includes natural sounding voices (not robotic) in multiple languages or users can use the included audio recording function to record voices or sounds.
- Users can share buttons, pages, or entire vocabularies wirelessly with other TalkTablet users.
- Includes built-in backup and a restore feature to safeguard users' pages, including a free offsite backup service.
- An internet connection is not required to use TalkTablet. It is a “standalone” app.