Taptilo is a braille education package that combines a hardware device and software to provide immediate tactile and audio feedback for students learning braille. It features interactive software and personalization features, as well as a library of available content for wireless download.
- Enables braille educators to personalize their lessons, play games with students, track learning progress and reinforce learning through various activities.
- Includes self-study activities with interactive audio instructions that allow students to practice on their own under minimal supervision.
- Wi-Fi feature enables users to download and install new educational content directly to their device.
- Incorporates learning by movement, touch, and hearing.
- Dynamic audio and tactile guidance allow children to follow along with games and activities on their own.
- Includes a basic set of 17+ games and activities, the English alphabet, numbers, and 800+ essential literacy words divided into categories based on reading level.
- Ability to personalize individual content, upload and manage individual word lists.
- Visually track learning progress with the progress monitor.
- Uncontracted and UEB available. Option to temporary switch word back and forth from uncontracted to UEB to practice at the same time.
- By connecting multiple devices to one app, educators have the option to teach many students at once.
- Information from the blocks is transmitted and displayed on the braille display and app screen, and vice versa. Taptilo can check the spelling.
- Large size braille, about five times larger than standard braille, provides improved tactile experience for young children to increase finger strength and agility. Large size braille is also helpful for senior users with weakened tactile sensitivity.
- 9-cell jumbo braille display and 9 manipulative braille blocks, which can cover the majority of pre-K, K-6 vocabulary.
- Designed ergonomically with the child in mind. Round shaped, no sharp edges, smooth matte texture, good grip, non-slip base.
- Individual pins on the blocks have appropriate pressure and give a click when pushed until the end.
- Braille blocks can be held and placed in different directions; the writing sensor works when placed upright as well as upside-down.
- Wireless: Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz.
- Dimensions: Main body: 17 x 5 x 2 (in) / 437 x 137 x 55.6 (mm).
- Weight: Main body, 3 lbs.
- Colors: Blue, light blue, dark blue, white, light gray.
- LED battery indicator.
- Three volume levels.
- MicroUSB charging port.
Options & Accessories:
Accessories are available for purchase for this product. These include, but are not limited to:
- Canvas carrying pouch with drawstring shoulder strap.
- USB adapter & micro-USB cable x 1 set.