TouchChat Express is a communications device for individuals who have difficulty using their natural voice that combines the TouchChat app with an Apple iPad or iPad mini and the ChatWrap case.
- It includes both English and Spanish vocabularies, including the WordPower series of augmentative and alternative communication vocabularies designed by Nancy Inman.
- Words, phrases, and messages are spoken with a built-in Acapela voice synthesizer or by playing a recorded message.
- Various English and Spanish synthesized voices are available, allowing the user to choose a voice that fits their own personality.
- Provided page sets can be modified to create new custom page sets.
- Select from over 40 button actions and more than 10,000 SymbolStix symbols when customizing buttons.
- Further customization is available by using any imported image or by taking a photo on the spot with the built-in camera.
- Once customized, vocabulary files can be imported and exported to a computer using the iTunes file sharing feature.
- It enables users to subscribe to iShare and store custom files for safekeeping, or choose to share customized pages with an online community.
- English and Spanish included.
- English vocabulary files included:
- MultiChat 15.
- My Quickchat.
- My Core.
- 4 Basic.
- Spanish vocabulary files included:
- MultiChat 15.
- Teclado (Spelling).
- Sin Sintaxis.
- Each page set targets individuals with different communication needs.
- Additional page sets are available as in-app purchases.
- Single or dual switch scanning
- iShare (one year included)
- Word Prediction.
- Adjustable button activation timing.
- Durable case with amplifier.
- Shoulder Strap included.
- Carrying Case included.
- Kick Stand included.
- Measures 6 15/16” x 9 11/16” x 1 ¼” with the iPad and weighs 1.95 lbs.
- Measures 5.5" x 8.25" x 1 1/8" with the iPad min and weighs 1.40 lbs.