Unity Core is an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) app based on the Unity language system which lays down a language foundation for non-verbal individuals. The app is intended for beginning communicators. It is symbol-based yet paired with text to support literacy development. Also, a keyboard page is included so words can be spelled. The vocabulary, structure and teaching approach are based on research and years of implementation experience with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Focus on the key element of learned motor patterns (as in LAMP) to access essential vocabulary in an arrangement that never changes.
- No re-learning. - The Unity Core app provides an opportunity to start communicating with a system that caters to communication development without the need for any re-learning. Once a unique motor pattern is learned for each word in Unity, that pattern will never change. This mimics the production of naturally spoken words through singular motor patterns of tongue and mouth.
- Ivona text-to-speech voices (not in Lite version).
- Ability to store customized vocabulary and edit individual buttons (not in Lite version).
- Includes 3,000 icons (or import pictures) for increasing the available vocabulary (not in Lite version).
- Two developmentally progressive vocabulary options (1-hit and Sequenced).
- Two grid sizes, 60 and 84 buttons.
- Pre-stored core and fringe words.
- Vocabulary Builder: allows only chosen words to remain visible.
- Word Finder: helps the user find where words are stored.
- There are four vocabulary files within the app to support language development from the current skill level and throughout life.
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Compatible with iPad.
Options & Accessories:
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.