Approximate Cost: $295.00
The VOCA-Pen is a sound recording and playback device that uses coded stickers to identify saved recordings, lets users record sounds and messages, and plays those sounds when the user points to the stickers.
- Any sound can be recorded, like messages, music, words, phrases, etc.
- Apply stickers to almost anything: to paper, books, medicine bottles, to any product.
- It can be used in a variety of situations and activities, like education, learning a language, speech output (VOCA), and reading labels on containers.
- For blind or visually impaired individuals, it can be used to identify the contents of medicine bottles, read the instructions for administering the medications, identify contents of drawers and cabinets, etc.
- As a VOCA, it can speak words and phrases from a communication book.
- As a learning and reading tool, it can vocalize children’s books, including sounds like animal calls.
- It identifies recorded sounds by touching specially coded Stickers.
- The stickers come in three sizes: 10mm, 20mm, and 30mm in diameter.
- They are available in red, yellow, and blue in each size.
- Record a voice message linked to a sticker then speak the message to communicate.
- Users can record any length message they like.
- The SD storage card on the VOCA Pen holds 4GB, which is about 20 hours of recording time.
- The maximum recording time for any single message is five minutes.
- To change the volume adjust it with the “up” and “down” arrow buttons on the edge of the unit.
- The stickers can be used more than just one time.
- Re-record the message to make a change, or move the sticker to somewhere else.
- There is no delete function to remove messages. The only way to do that is to record silence which overwrites any stored message.
- There is very little feedback to the user when using the pen to select messages.
- There are no lights or other visual indications that the user has selected the sticker. The user has to rely on hearing the recorded message.
- Do not write anything on the stickers as it prevents the sticker from being read correctly by the Pen.
- USB cable for connecting to computer or for charging battery.
- Secure Digital (SD) storage card, 4GB.
- Sticker Sheets (6 sheets).
- Instruction Sheet.