VocalPC is a program for people with severe disabilities that allows the user to communicate with the computer by emitting any vocal sound captured by a microphone in order to control the cursor of the mouse or to do strengthening exercises for cause and effect.
- If an individual is unable to speak, a blow or other sound made by the voice is able to operate the mouse.
- A person must make a sound with their voice or breath.
- The virtual scanning keyboard proposes the letters one by one and when making the choice the user emits a sound; similarly, the mouse cursor can be managed.
- Can be used by people with very severe tetraparesis or with RETT syndrome.
- Includes software for the recognition of the sound emitted or of the breath.
- Scanning video keyboard.
- Scanning virtual mouse.
- Speech synthesis.
- Prediction system that speeds up writing.
- Alphabetic and symbolic virtual keyboards for alternative augmentative communication (CAA).
- Keyboard design software to customize them.
- Microphone or headset.
Options & Accessories:
- VocalPC is available separately or as an addition to FaceMOUSE.
Accessories are available for purchase. These include but are not limited to:
- Notebook computer, all-in-one computer or Windows tablet.
- Support with wheels to bring the AIDA all-in-one computer into a comfortable position for the person in a wheelchair or in bed.
- EasyMATH software for writing math in a column.