WordSmith v2.0 is an integrated toolbar that provides the key tools to be a fluent and proficient writer for users of Microsoft Word 97, 2000 and XP and offers a distinct advantage in the development of literacy skills.
- Speech: WordSmith color highlights and reads words, sentences or paragraphs, providing audio-visual reinforcement and helping to develop recognition of new words and vocabulary.
- Phonetic Spellcheck: WordSmith uses the latest advanced spellchecker specifically designed to solve the most complex of phonetic errors. The spellchecker can be customized to suit individual needs.
- Word Prediction: WordSmith will aid in sentence construction by suggesting and predicting words that are most often used. Word predictor will learn as the correct text is typed, dramatically aiding the development of literacy and accuracy skills.
- Extensive Thesaurus: 180,000 words provide alternative suggestions for words, developing the user’s creative writing skills. Each word has a description and sample sentence, all of which can be spoken.
- Word Wizard: For when the user is just “lost for words”, it takes them from the word they know to the word they want.
- Pronunciation Tutor: WordSmith breaks words into syllables allowing easy recognition and pronunciation. An onscreen moving mouth allows the user to see how to shape their mouth to pronounce words correctly.
- Homophone Support: To eliminate the confusion of “like-sounding words” WordSmith provides color coding for like-sounding words and lists possible alternatives with audible definitions and sample sentences.
- Scanning: Scan any text document into Word 97, Word 2000 or Word XP where it can be edited and read aloud. Once edited, the Word document can be made readily available to other Microsoft Word users.
- Multi-profile Function: Allows many users to save and access their individual settings on one machine. A cost-effective way of providing support to many students.
- Brouse Aloud: Speech support toolbar which highlights words as they are spoken inside Internet Explorer. This helps when reading Internet pages and provides audio-visual reinforcement.
- Pentium 200 Processor or better.
- 64 MB recommended.
- 80 MB Free Disk Space.
- Sound Card and Speakers.
- CD ROM drive.
- Windows – 95, 98, NT4, 2000 or XP installed.
- Microsoft Word 97/Word 2000/Word XP installed either individually or as part of Office 97/Office 2000/Office XP.
- Recommended Scanners: Epson 1200, Epson 610, H.P. 6200, H.P. 6300.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.