ZyBox 2 Switch Adapters (Various Models)
2-VO (L), 2-VO (30), 2-SC (L), 2-SC (30)
Approximate Cost: $175.00
The ZyBox 2 series are three-switch input adapters for iOS devices that use the Lightning or 30-pin connector.
A three-switch adapter designed to utilize the Switch Control capability of iOS 7 and newer for switch scanning using the 30-pin or a Lightning connector.
A three-switch adapter designed to control switches to operate iOS devices through VoiceOver commands using the 30-pin or a Lightning connector.
These features are common to all versions:
- 30-pin dock connector to older iOS devices; Lightning to 30-pin adapter for newer devices.
- Three 3.5mm mono jacks for external control switch inputs.
- Automatic detection of switch connections.
- No additional software is required.
- Bright LED indicator to show power On status.
- Powered from the iOS device; no internal power required.
- Since it is plugged into the docking connector of the iOS device, the Bluetooth connection is still available to do other things, like connect to a Bluetooth speaker, a keyboard, or to a mobile phone.
- It uses very little power, unlike Bluetooth connected devices.
The ZyBox 2-SC includes these additional features:
- Provides access to the Switch Control accessibility feature in iOS devices through the use of one or multiple switches.
- The user must set up and define switch actions the first time they use Switch Control on each iOS device
- When a user selects an item while using Switch Control, a pop-up menu appears that offers a number of advanced functions.
- If a user selects Scroll, Gestures, Device, or Settings from this menu, a second menu of options appears that are more advanced actions or settings for Switch Control.
The ZyBox 2-VO includes these additional features:
- Provides access to the entire iPad and any or all apps that are compatible with the iOS Voice Over (VO) commands.
- It has two modes to operate an iOS device: auditory queuing of available Voice Over commands, and a secondary keyboard mode to allow users to send keyboard strokes as required on some apps.
- A list of available Voice Over commands is provided with so the user can see what each switch does when pressed.
- In some cases, one switch is used to send more than one command based on the length of time the switch is held down by the user.
- The individual presses and holds the control switch and listens while the device speaks each Voice Over command in sequence.
- When the user hears the action they want to perform, release the switch and the last command spoken with be performed.
Options & Accessories:
For ZyBox 2-SC there are two types of product options available:
For ZyBox 2-VO there are two types of product options available:
Accessories are available for purchase. These include but are not limited to:
- ZyBox for Windows.