Health, Fitness and Sports
Fitness activities and sports are an avenue to maintaining health. For a person with a disability, the available opportunities and options can be limited, and the tools to measure progress are fewer.
- Emergency call systems allow a person living alone to call for assistance when it is needed while preserving autonomy in daily life.
- Health monitoring and measurement systems allow an individual to accept responsibility for their health status.
- Sports and recreation for a person with a disability are fewer, but adaptive equipment can assist.
What kind of accommodation are you looking for?
- Emergency Call Systems (10) - When a person is in need of assistance (e.g. after a fall), call for help, either automatically or on command.
- Medication Management (16) - Provide daily reminders to take prescribed medicines. Some systems also dispense pills on schedule.
- Monitoring and Measurement Tools (28) - Monitor body weight, composition, blood pressure, blood sugar, and other health characteristics
- Sports and Recreation (4) - Tools to assist a person with a disability in participating in recreational activities.
- Other (5) - Products in the "Health, Fitness and Sports" category that do not fit into one or more of the categories above