AraWord is a free word processor designed for people with communications limitations that allows for the simultaneous writing of text and pictograms, facilitating the elaboration and adaptation of documents.
- Includes the database of pictograms from the Aragonese Portal of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ARASAAC), which allows the use of more than 8000 pictograms with their different meanings.
- The ARASAAC vocabulary will increase as new pictograms are added to the portal.
- Facilitates the development of augmentative communication materials, the elaboration of accessible curriculum materials, and the adaptation of documents for people who have difficulties in the field of functional communication and literacy.
- Suitable for users who are acquiring the process of reading and writing, since the appearance of the pictogram, while it is written, is a positive reinforcement to recognize and evaluate that the word or the written phrase is correct.
- Runs on Microsoft Windows.
Options & Accessories:
- Available as part of the AraTools suite along with MICE, TICO, and AraBoard.
- Available as part of the AraSuite application.