Tobii Dynavox Communicator 5 is software designed to help individuals with communication disabilities communicate more efficiently. Communicator 5 converts text and symbols into clear speech, and offers tools for computer access, e-mail, text messaging, telephone, and environmental control.
- Comes with language content designed to match every AAC need.
- Customize content using editing tools and communicate via text or symbols, as well as speech for face-to-face communication.
- Includes built-in setup guide.
- Communicator will create a home page that is pre-populated with industry best practice techniques, clinical, robust, and research-based content as well as relevant page sets.
- Users can remove or edit existing page sets to match their skills and desires.
- Users can change the background color of the homepage to better suit their personality as well as modify their settings.
- Supports direct input via touch screen, mouse click, mouse dwell, joystick, or head mouse.
- Supports gaze interaction together with the Tobii Dynavox I-Series+.
- Works with recorded messages from Tobii Dynavox Message Banking, as well as external libraries, to be spoken out if the content corresponds to the recorded message.
- Computer: 1.8 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor.
- Memory (RAM): 2.0 GB RAM.
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB available.
- Display: 800 x 600 or higher resolution, 1020 x 786 is recommended.
- Operating system: Communicator 5 runs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft operating systems.
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox 31 or newer is recommended.
- .NET version: 4.5.
Options & Accessories:
- Sono Lexis. Users can use symbols instead of letters to communicate, enabling you to build sentences word-by-word. Suitable for users who are not yet in full control of literacy.
- Sono Key. A pageset for Communicator that provides literate people with comprehensive, streamlined access to their communication device.
- Sono Flex. An easy to use AAC vocabulary that turns symbols into clear speech and provides language to nonverbal users who are not yet in full control of literacy. Sono Flex is included with Communicator 5.