Community Sidekick is a personal location tracking app designed for use with people who have autism, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, brain injury, and other cognitive disabilities. The iOS app can notify the user's friends, family members or caregivers of their exact location.
- The user first can enter and save email addresses of people to be notified of their location.
- The user launches Community Sidekick at the beginning of a trip, and the program sends an email with the time and current location of the user.
- The program automatically sends out a "Current Location" email at the selected time interval, which can be 5, 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
- Settings can be changed by touching and holding the title bar for five seconds.
- The user can also tap and hold the "MESSAGE" button for three seconds and select the button "I am OK" or "Please Contact Me" to send out an email message.
- When the user arrives at his or her destination or back home, he or she taps and holds the "DONE" button to automatically send out an email message with current time and location information.
- For use with the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
- Requires: Apple iOS 3.0 or later.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.