Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT)
Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) provides translations of text from print to braille and from braille to print.
- Built-in interline printing to have ink-braille and print together.
- Math/Science Code and Computer Braille translation for American, British, and French Braille.
- Intermediate levels (between grades 1 and 2) for American and British braille.
- The ability to include tactile graphics files for mixed text-and-graphic documents imports from popular word processors.
- Localized into English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Italian, Russian, and others. Translators support over 170 languages.
- DBT allows languages other than the principal language to be embedded in the same file and treated as appropriate for the context.
- Bidirectional (print-to-braille and braille-to-print) translation American textbook layout.
- Ability to switch between views A "translated line" showing the "other" form in either print or braille files Six-key chording for braille and print entry, not timing-based, compatible with most keyboards.
- Help screens throughout the program.
- More than 100 formatting & translation codes.
- A library of user-configurable styles.
- A user-extendable template library.
- A spell-checker with a 300,000-word dictionary.
- A "Quick Find Misspelling" feature.
- Choice of single-user, site & other licenses Unlimited technical support by telephone, email, fax, etc.
- An Internet user forum to communicate with other Duxbury users.
- Supports all commercial braille embossers.
- Accurate contracted braille formatted the way the user wants.
- Math translation available for Nemeth, BAUK, UEBC, and French Braille.
DBT WIN includes these additional features:
- Runs on Microsoft Windows.
- Imports files from HTML, Word 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016, Open Office, and other formats.
DBT Mac includes this additional feature:
- Runs on Mac.
DBT for Win has this specification:
- Runs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows (including Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10).
DBT for Mac has this specification:
- Requires Mac OSX El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), or higher.
Options & Accessories:
DBT Win has these accessories:
- Works within Word.
- Sends the current document (or a highlighted portion of a document) to Duxbury DBT.
- Multiple, non-contiguous selections made in a Word document can be sent and opened in DBT if only certain parts of a document are wanted in braille.
- Reads NIMAS/Daisy files.
- Produces files in just the right size for DBT.
- Exports to files for DBT.
- A free program that produces braille graphics files.
- Can import a graphics file created by QuickTac into DBT Win 12.4.
See Manufacturer's website about DBT WIN.
See Manufacturer's website about DBT MAC.
By using this link, a portion of your purchase will help to support the Unified Listing.