A keyboard-based communication device that enables users to compose messages with a full-size QWERTY keyboard. Rate enhancement features reduce the time needed to compose messages. Voice Retention Technology allows individuals to record up to an hour of their favorite phrases, stories, greetings, etc., with their natural voices for later use. Built-in on-screen scanning allows users to compose messages by focusing attention on the screen instead of the keyboard.
- Voice Retention Technology.
- VRT lets the augmented communicators back up to an hour of digital recording time.
- Familiar commands.
- DynaWrite’s function keys activate features common to all DynaVox devices, such as speak, word morphology, word prediction, abbreviation expansion, transfer, spell, and system menu.
- Alternate Access.
- Single and dual switch scanning. Keyboard options for scanners – Optimised, QWERTY and ABC arrangements.
- VeriVox voice technology provides natural sounding voices.
- Built-in spell checker.
- Built-in personal reminders.
- Pronunciation – enter phonetic spellings as needed.
- Weighs 1.0kg (2.16 lbs).
- Control household appliances equipped with infrared receivers or X-10 controllers with built-in infrared.
- Size: 31cm x 23cm x 8cm (12.40” x 9.10” x 3.22”).
- Displays: 17 cm (6.7”) Monochrome diagonal transflective LCD with backlight, 640 × 240 resolution.
- Memory: Can store thousands of pages of text.
- Battery: Rechargeable 7.4V Lithium-ion.
- Average Battery Run Time: 8 hours continuous on a full charge.
- Voice Retention: 1 hour of digital recorded speech time using the built-in microphone.
- Fonts: Up to 10 lines of text on window at 12 point font. Font adjustments from 10 point – 72 points.
- Interfaces: USB type A host port, two USB type B function ports, Serial port, Switch 1 jack, Switch 2 jack, Speaker/headphone jack, Charger jack, Infrared for Learning Universal Remote Control.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.