Endeavor Talker Pro Software
Endeavor Talker Pro Software is a voice output direct selection and symbolic communicator program designed for use by individuals with communication, cognitive, learning, developmental or speech disabilities, or autism. The program enables a touch screen Windows or Apple Macintosh computer to function as an alternative and augmentative communication system for people who cannot speak or have difficulty speaking.
- Research-based user interface designed specifically for users with cognitive disabilities.
- The user can communicate with others by touching graphical buttons on the screen to speak words or compose sentences.
- The program features more than 1,000 pre-built buttons for common words and phrases.
- Templates in the button library.
- Two Cepstral voices.
- Special-purpose buttons for accessing files and libraries.
- Single-click access to any computer program, media, or web content.
- Drag-and-drop page layouts can be configured to have as few as one large communication button or as many as 50 buttons on a page.
- The user can create personalized page layouts with buttons and images from the included SymbolStix image library.
- The user can create new Talker buttons by dragging images directly from Google Images or from their own image library, and change the color of any page or add any wallpaper to the page background.
- The user can record their own words or phrases to be spoken using digitized speech, or use text-to-speech to generate speech.
- Voice speed is adjustable, and buttons can be set to speak immediately when touched or after the user has composed a phrase or sentence.
- The user's communication patterns can be analyzed with CSV file logging of all button presses.
- Includes the Web Trek customizable browser, Visual Media Player, picture and audio-based Endeavor Email, Visual Impact Task Prompting (step-by-step multimedia instructions for any task), and AIMS Task Builder (to create custom multimedia instructions for any task).
- Personalize the system for the user by changing the color of any page or adding any wallpaper to the page background.
- Compatibility: For use with IBM and compatible computers or Apple Macintosh computers with a touch screen.
- Requires: Windows Vista or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.
- Processor: AMD Athlon+ or Intel Core series processor.
- Memory: 1 gigabyte (GB) or higher RAM; 200 megabytes (MB) or more of free hard disk space.
- Video: accelerated video card with OpenGL 1.5+ drivers (ATI and Nvidia cards, some Intel chipsets); 128 MB dedicated video memory (256 MB recommended).
- Sound support with a microphone.
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.