Jouse (Various Models)
Jouse is a mouth-controlled joystick that features a USB connection and plug-and-play functionality.
Users can move the joystick with their mouth, cheek, chin or tongue to control their computer, mobile device, or switch-controlled device or AAC system. The further the user moves the joystick, the faster the cursor travels. Users can perform right-click, left-click, and double-click actions with the sip and puff switches built into the Jouse3.
The Jouse+ includes all the features of the Jouse3 plus a Gaming Mode, Alternative Mouse Mode, Middle Mouse Button Mode, and Enhanced External Device Control.
JouseLite includes all the features of the Jouse+, but is lighter and smaller, including a more compact and less intrusive joystick.
These features are common to all versions:
- USB connection and plug-and-play functionality.
- Users can perform right-click, left-click, and double-click actions with the sip and puff switches.
- The further the user moves the joystick, the faster the cursor travels.
- It comes with 20 disposable mouthpieces, as well as 7 permanent mouthpieces in 2 different lengths: long and medium-length as well as two long and five medium-length permanent mouthpieces.
- External switch control for up to 2 switch devices.
The Jouse+ includes these additional features:
- Gaming Mode - an enhanced mode that enables users to more easily play demanding first-person shooter, racing and other video games.
- Alternative Mouse Mode - designed for users with limited head movement or mobility. Users can just gently nudge the joystick in the desired direction. The mouse cursor will then follow that direction until the user nudges the joystick again.
- Middle Mouse Button Mode - middle mouse button emulation to enable scrolling within windows and opening/closing tabs in a web browser.
- Enhanced External Device Control - enhanced external device control for operating switch-enabled and mobile devices.
The JouseLite includes these additional features:
- Lighter and smaller, including a more compact and less intrusive joystick.
- Features a flexible gooseneck arm plus a universal mount that allows installation on a desk, wheelchair or bed rail.
These specifications are common to all versions:
- Windows; Macintosh; Linux and Unix based computers; Android and iOS-based mobile devices.
- Control for switch-enabled devices; AAC systems with USB ports.