Kurzweil 3000 is educational software designed to provide literacy support for those who struggle with literacy by using built-in features for reading, writing and study skills, developing fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and test-taking skills.
- Natural, high-quality Acapela text-to-speech voices.
- Text-to-speech in 18 languages and dialects.
- Supports EPUB.
- Image Reader reads a locked text, such as images or PDFs.
- Microsoft Speech support-11 new voices.
- OpenDyslexic font.
- FineReader OCR.
- PDF and additional file supports.
- 12,000 picture dictionary graphics from Widgit, representing over 40,000 words.
- Vocabulary study guides; English and bi-lingual.
- Templates to support active reading, note-taking, and chapter summaries.
- American Heritage dictionaries.
- 10 writing templates added.
- Tier 2 academic vocabulary list.
- Word prediction.
- Fill-in-the-blank-now with color.
- Tailors user experience to unique individual needs.
- Robust support for individuals with Learning Disabilities.
- Enhances education for new English Language Learners.
- Supports research-based instructional practices.
- Aids students to meet the rigor of high academic standards.
- Provide access to academic content on any Windows PC.
- Usage tracked to inform academic progress.
- PROCESSOR: 1.3 GHz Pentium 4 or better.
- SYSTEM MEMORY: 2 GB.
- HARD DISK SPACE: 2 GB of free space.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows 10 is supported in Kurzweil 3000 version 14.12 and later, and version 13.33 and later.
- VIDEO MEMORY: 4MB or better.
- SCREEN RESOLUTIONS: 1024x768 24-bit color or better.
- Minimum Intel processor, running Mac OS 10.7 through 10.12.
- Minimum 1 GB RAM.
- Minimum 1 GB hard disk space.
- DVD drive, keyboard, mouse, speakers, microphone, Internet connection for Read the Web functionality.
- Image Capture-compatible scanner.