Locabulary Lite is a voice output alternative augmentative and alternative communication app designed for use by individuals who have difficulty speaking due to autism, brain injury, stroke, laryngeal cancer, or other conditions that affect speech. The app combines location and vocabulary to produce words, phrases, and sentences.
- Includes Quick Phrase (ex. “Hello,” “Dude,” “Sweet”), Moods (ex. “I feel daring,” “I am happy”), Assistance (ex. “Where is the restroom,” “Please call the doctor”), and Restaurants (ex. “I would like an Iced Café Mocha,” “I would like a Big Mac”).
- Features a location-based vocabulary concept and female voice option.
- It is designed to be a platform from which unlimited forms of communication and expression will emerge.
- Communication with a single word or short phrase choices.
- Sentence construction as word and phrase options are presented based upon previous selections.
- Adjustable font size.
- Quick word buttons for "Yes," "No," "Thanks," "Hello," and "Bye."
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- The iTouch requires an external speaker.
- The audio output level of the iPhone is sufficient for most situations but may not be loud enough in some high-noise environments. For these locations, users should connect an externally powered speaker to the headphone jack of the iPhone.