Paws Signs Stories
Paws Signs Stories is an American Sign Language (ASL) training program designed for use by children who are deaf or hard of hearing. The stories are designed to teach early ASL skills, including visual discrimination, facial expression, sign location, and signs accompanied by movement (classifiers).
- It features five stories and 15 educational games (three for each story) that foster early developmental skills.
- Signing (video) and/or audio are options for accessing stories and instructions.
- Stories use techniques recommended for young readers (e.g., repeated phrases, patterned language, predictable structure) and teach important features of ASL when signed.
- Linda Bove, the deaf actress on Sesame Street, dressed as Paws the dog, signs the stories, directions, and game instructions.
- User’s Guide explains instructional objectives and the educational intent of each activity.
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
- CD-ROM drive 16x.
- 250 MB hard drive space.
- Color SVGA monitor that supports at least True Color (16 bit).
Options & Accessories:
- It comes in two versions, CD and Books and CD only.
By using this link, a portion of your purchase will help to support the Unified Listing.