Portset Text Reader
The Portset Reader is a text reader in a compact table model for any visually impaired person. A page size up to A4 (28 x 20 cm) with a font as fine as 8-point can be read.
- British English speech.
- Includes Portset’s Super Voice, Jane.
- Designed as a domestic product for any non-computer user.
- Speak letters in privacy and can read books, magazines, bills etc.
- Retain the documents you read in the internal storage or save to a USB memory stick in either text or MP3.
- Adjust the voices, copy documents, read both pages and column of documents.
- 12 keypad to read line by line, word by word or spell any letter.
- Integral loudspeaker and headphone supplied.
- Manual volume control.
- Use with voiced information that guides you through all the functions and controls.
- Small size of only 47cm by 26cm by 12cm deep. (18.5 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches) and weighing under 6kgs (12 lbs).
- The human quality speaking voice can be changed in speed of both the text voice and the reading voice separately.
- Page orientation on the text reader bed is not important.
- Pages can be stored for reference in the text reader itself or by text copy or MP3 to a USB Pen Drive or memory stick.
- Speaking can be of the current document, from pages held in memory, or from text copy or MP3 on a USB pen drive.
- Speaking can be ‘entire page’ or of text between start and finish points selected by cursor control.
- The user can request repeat speaking of indistinct lines or words, or text spelling.
- Speaking can be paused, allowing for speaking resumption or stopped to allow a change in selection.
- The user can ‘scan’ forward or backward through a document.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches.
- Weight: under 12lbs.