Practice Street Crossing
Practice Street Crossing is an educational game and app designed for users with autism, special needs or learning disabilities. The game helps the user learns skills such as why to use the crosswalk, crossing the street only when the light says to cross, the dangers of crossing the street outside of the crosswalk, where to look for the crosswalk, and how to get across the street safely.
- The program only lets the users cross the street using the crosswalk when the sign signals walk.
- If the user attempts to cross the street anywhere other than the crosswalk, or when the light says stops, an instructional message will pop up on the screen to explain why the user cannot cross the street that way.
- The object of each level is to get to the key as quickly and safely as possible in order to advance to the next level.
- The game enables users to learn the necessary skills and practice them before putting them to the test in the real world.
- Compete with others on the leaderboard.
- The game can be played on a PC, iPhone, or iPad.