The Slider is a portable video magnifier with a built LCD screen and battery power supply designed for use by individuals with low vision.
- It has a built-in color thin-film transistor (TFT) LCD (liquid crystal display) screen.
- It has rollers for maneuverability over flat surfaces, and a detachable camera for hard to access surfaces.
- The camera has a fixed focus and magnifies objects from 8.5 to 17.5 original size.
- Images can be viewed in full color, black and white, and reverse black and white, with adjustable contrast for clearer images.
- It includes a video-input terminal for distance viewing and video output for external TV connection.
- Users can choose to slide the unit across a magazine or newspaper with the camera in one of three positions or use the detachable camera as a handheld camera to read a medicine bottle or the bind of a book.
- Select the best reading position by tilting the monitor either vertically or horizontally.
- One knob controls both the viewing mode and contrast selection.
- The magnification selection is found on the camera for easy control and access.
- The magnifier comes with a power cable, video cable, and carry bag.
- Uses alternating current (AC) adapter (included) or a built-in rechargeable nickel-metal-hydride storage battery.
- Dimensions (HxLxW): Power unit is 6.89 x 6.3 x 6.93 inches; Camera unit is 5.51 inches long x 1.38 inches in diameter.
- The screen display measures 6.4 inches diagonally.
- Weight: 4.2 pounds.